This page has been created by The Town of Fenwick Island and the Community Rating System Committee to serve as a “one stop” flood information source for Fenwick Island residents.
Its intent is to:
- Promote greater public awareness and understanding of the flood threat in Fenwick Island
- Offer practical guidance on preparing for, mitigating against, and recovering from flood events
- Provide information on important federal, state and local loss reduction programs, services and initiatives
- Answer commonly asked questions regarding flood insurance, flood zones, warning systems, evacuation and other flood related topics
- List key contacts and links where flood information and assistance can be found
Property Protection Information
Community Rating System (CRS):
As a participant in the Community Rating System, The Town of Fenwick Island supports community actions that help reduce flood risks and meet the goals of the CRS to reduce flood losses, facilitate insurance ratings and promote awareness of flood insurance. Such activities have resulted in the Town obtaining a Class 8 “CRS” Rating which entitles qualifying property owners to a 10% discount on their flood insurance premium. Contact Patricia Schuchman, Building Official, for more information.
Storm Information Links: