Building Official FAQs

Q: What is the “Community Rating System?”
The National Flood Insurance Program’s (NFIP) Community Rating System (CRS) is a voluntary incentive program that recognizes and encourages community floodplain management activities that exceed the minimum NFIP requirements. More…

Q: What are the fees for building permits?
A Building Permit Fee of 3% of the Estimated Cost of Construction applies. A minimum fee of $100 per Building Permit Application applies.

Q: I am a general construction contractor, am I required to register?
All contractors must obtain a business license from the Town of Fenwick Island.
For more information on how to obtain this license, contact the Town Building Official, Patricia Schuchman, (302) 539-3011 ext 2.

2018 Licensed Contractors:  contractor list as of June 2018

Q: What is the cost of a Contractor License?
Contractor License Fees are $200 per Calendar Year; additional parking decals $5 each.

Q: What are the regulations regarding construction noise?
NO construction is allowed on Sundays, Holidays or before 8:00 AM or after 6:00 PM daily. NO pile driving June 1 through August 31.

Q: How do I view the Town Code?
You may log on to to view Town Code. This electronic document includes all changes to date, even though some of those may not have been published yet. More…

Q: Looking for Disaster Response Information?
FEMA’s Website contains important information on how to prepare for natural disasters. This information is valuable for residents and businesses. Check it out! More…