3/4 Vaccine Talking Points
There are now three vaccines on the market. Which vaccine is better?
- All three vaccines are equally important in preventing illness and death.
- They all are 100% effective in preventing death and hospitalization.
- We don’t see any vaccine inferior to the other.
- When it is your turn, please get vaccinated where available, regardless of vaccine type.
- To view a comparison, visit de.gov/covidvaccine
Given Delaware’s size, it’s likely we will have vaccinated those who wish to be vaccinated before our border states will finish their population? Is there a plan to offer vaccines across state lines at that time?
- No. Despite our small size, our allocation is comparable to other states.
- Delaware has vaccinated over 10% of our population so far.
With the reduction in community spread and increases in vaccination, is the state developing a sense for when visitation can resume at senior centers and other long-term healthcare facilities?
- Visitation is now allowed in all three counties.
If I am offered a J&J vaccine, but would rather have another type of vaccine (Moderna or Pfizer), how do I get what I prefer? What do I do with my invitation?
- We recommend that people take the first vaccine available to them.
- There is no penalty to decline.
- If you don’t take advantage of your first invitation, you will get another opportunity in the future.
How will I know when it’s my turn for a vaccine? How do I find out where I can go?
- We are currently in Phase 1b of vaccinations.
- DPH and the Governor’s Office will announce when we are in a new phase of vaccination.
- We will share the news on social media, with the media, with community leaders and grassroots organizations to help spread the word.
- Follow the Division of Public Health on social media for the latest information.
- If you are over the age of 65, you can go to de.gov/getmyvaccine or call 1-833-643-1715 to find information on vaccination opportunities.
- You can find more information about the vaccine at de.gov/covidvaccine