Permits Required May 15 through September 15:
There are now 3 ways to obtain parking permits in the Town of Fenwick Island
- Purchase at Fenwick Island Police Department, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-4:00PM.
- Through the kiosk outside the Police Department.
- The ParkMobile App
BLUE RESIDENT HANGTAG PARKING PERMITS ARE VALID FOR ALL STREETS INCLUDING THE BEACH ENDS. BLUE PERMITS ARE FOR THOSE WHO OWN PROPERTY IN THE TOWN OF FENWICK ISLAND ONLY. NO PARKING AT BEACH ENDS FROM 12 AM TO 6 AM.
ALL OTHER PARKING PERMITS ARE VALID FOR SIDE STREETS ONLY FROM 9 AM TO 10 PM. NO PAID PARKING PERMITS ARE REQUIRED ON STREETS BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 10 PM-9 AM.
NOTE: The sale of a permit by the Town does not guarantee a parking space.
Replace Lost Permit $200
Add’l Blue Permits (1) $500
All vehicles parking within the Town limits between May 15th-September 15th, require a permit and must follow all Town parking regulations or are subject to a fine. All vehicles must:
- Park in designated parking areas along the street. These areas will be identified by a sign and a white line on the road.
- The vehicle must face in the direction of the traffic flow and be parked as far as possible off the roadway. Ideally all four tires should be completely off the paved street.
- Please do not block private driveways, fire hydrants and intersections.
Additional Rules and Regulations:
- Street-end/Dune Parking (BLUE parking permits): Only those who own property within the corporate limits of the Town receive a permit to park in this area. Blue permits are not issued to those who live outside the Town limits. All vehicles parked in these spaces must display a blue hang tag from the rear-view mirror or be ticketed
- Handicapped Parking: Handicapped persons are required to obtain a valid parking permit issued by the Town of Fenwick Island to park on town streets and certain designated spots at beach ends. There are handicapped parking spaces on the beach side of Town for registered handicap permit holders on the following streets: Bayard, Farmington, Georgetown and King Streets-in addition the Town parking permit must be displayed while parking on these streets. Refer to General Code 112-6 Parking for handicapped persons.
- Service Vehicles and Contractors will receive one yearly parking decal per license, per year. All other services/contractors will need to purchase parking permits on an as needed basis.
- Construction Trailers, Dumpsters and Commercial Utility Vehicles: All require special permit authorization. Please visit Town Hall for more information
How to contest a parking ticket:
Anyone who wishes to contest a parking ticket must fill out the “Parking Violation Request for a Hearing” form (linked below) and return it to the Fenwick Island Police Department within 10 days from the issue date of the ticket. A court date will be set.
To Pay A Parking Ticket Via Credit Card