Permits Required May 15 through September 15:
Parking permits are required for all streets within the corporate limits of The Town of Fenwick Island from May 15 though September 15. These permits may be purchased at the Police department during the summer season.
BLUE PARKING PERMITS (hang tags from rear view mirror) ARE VALID FOR ALL STREETS INCLUDING THE BEACH ENDS. NO PARKING AT BEACH ENDS FROM 12 AM TO 6 AM.
ALL OTHER PARKING PERMITS ARE VALID FOR SIDE STREETS ONLY FROM 9 AM TO 4 PM. PARKING IS FREE ON SIDE STREETS ONLY AFTER 10 PM.
NOTE: Permits are not available in advance nor by mail. They must be purchased the first day of use. The sale of a permit by the Town does not guarantee a parking space.
Town of Fenwick Island
2018 Summer Parking Fees
May 15th to Sept 15th
Replace Lost Permit $200
Add’l Blue Permits (1) $400
Price change effective April 27, 2018
All vehicles parking within the Town limits during the summer months require a permit and must follow all Town parking regulations or are subject to a fine. All vehicles must:
- Park in designated parking areas along the street and must display the appropriate hangtag from the mirror
- The vehicle must face in the direction of the traffic flow and be parked as far as possible off the roadway. Ideally all four tires should be completely off the paved street
- Please do not block private driveways, fire hydrants and intersections
Additional Rules and Regulations:
- Street-end/Dune Parking: Only those who own property within the corporate limits of the Town receive a permit to park in this area. All vehicles parked in these spaces must display a blue hang tag from the rear-view mirror or be ticketed
- Handicapped Parking: Handicapped persons are required to obtain a valid parking permit issued by the Town of Fenwick Island to park on town streets and certain designated spots at beach ends. There are handicapped parking spaces on the beach side of Town for registered handicap permit holders on the following streets: Bayard, Farmington, Georgetown and King Streets-in addition the Town parking permit must be displayed while parking on these streets. Refer to General Code 112-6 Parking for handicapped persons.
- Service Vehicles and Contractor Parking: Special parking decals are provided with yearly license and additional decals are available for purchase from the Building Official
- Construction Trailers, Dumpsters and Commercial Utility Vehicles: All require special permit authorization. Please visit Town Hall for more information
How to contest a parking ticket:
Anyone who wishes to contest a parking ticket must fill out the “Parking Violation Request for a Hearing” form and return it to the Fenwick Island Police Department within 10 days from the issue date of the ticket. A court date will be set.
Request for Hearing
How to Contest a Ticket