A Special Event Permit is required when a business, organization, or individual is scheduling an event that will be taking place on the Town property or right of way. A Special Event Permit is also required if an event is scheduled on private property and will significantly impact public health or safety or the peace and quiet of a neighborhood due to the number of persons attending the event, use of outdoor music or amplified noise, and effect on traffic and parking. A permit fee and a deposit fee must accompany the Special Event Application.
- A Special Event permit is issued by approval of the Fenwick Island Chief of Police and may be issued only to a person 18 years of age or older. A Special Event permit may not be issued to parties larger than 75 without the approval of the Town Council.
- No event may begin prior to 8:00 a.m. nor end after 11:00 p.m.
- The person to whom the permit is issued shall be held responsible for the conduct of those in attendance and any activities in connection with the Special Event as well as for the satisfactory cleaning of the general area of the Special Event. The deposit for the Special Event will be returned if the general area of the Special Event is satisfactorily cleaned and restored.
- Any damages to right-of-ways, infrastructure, parking areas, dunes, or any property owned by the Town of Fenwick Island will be repaired by the Public Works Department at a cost determined by the Town and at the expense of the permit holder. The deposit fee will also be revoked along with a one-year suspension of the permit holder to obtain another Special Event permit.
- For a Special Event held on the beach, no glass containers are allowed. No alcoholic beverages are allowed from May 15-September 15. A Special Event on the beach is only allowed during the hours when lifeguards are not on duty.
A Special Event Permit Application must be completed at least 60 days prior to the event. A valid i.d. will be required. Contact our office for more information.