Special Event and Bonfire Permits

Special Events Permit:

A Special Event Permit is required when a business, organization, or individual is scheduling an event that will be taking place on the Town property or right of way. A Special Event Permit is also required if an event is scheduled on private property and will significantly impact public health or safety or the peace and quiet of a neighborhood due to the number of persons attending the event, use of outdoor music or amplified noise, and effect on traffic and parking.

A Special Event Permit Application must be completed at least 60 days prior to the event. A valid id will be required.  Contact our office for more information. The Special Event Permit Application is shown below:  procedures-weddings-ceremonies-rev-6-1-2017



Bonfire Permit:

Bonfires on the beach are by permit only and are strictly enforced. Residents, property owners and renters of accommodations within the Corporate limits of The Town of Fenwick Island who are 18 years of age or older, with proof of ownership or rental agreement, may apply for a permit. A valid id will be required at time of permit. The permit holder must be present at the bonfire. The permit holder is responsible for the conduct of the participants and for the clean-up. A non-refundable permit fee ($75.00) and a refundable deposit ($100.00) are required on application.

The Fenwick Island Police Department will issue the Bonfire Permit and verify clean-up. Bonfires are limited to 5:00 pm to Midnight with clean-up activities to begin no later than 11:00 pm so that all participants are off the beach by midnight. A Bonfire Permit is available below. Please contact Erin Ellinger, Police Clerk (302.539.2000 x 7) for information and a Bonfire Permit Application.

bonfire permit 2018