Beach Rules, Regulations & Vendors
The Town of Fenwick Island public beach runs from Lewes Street to E. Atlantic Street. Along this stretch of beach town rules, ordinances and regulations apply. See beach signs for details.
From E. Atlantic Street to the MD State line, Town of Fenwick Island ordinances do not apply. See State of Delaware Park signs for details.
The town does coordinate and manage two beach vendors. Steen’s Beach Service rents umbrellas and chairs within town and in the unincorporated area while Go Melvo, Inc. sells snowballs from two trailers exclusively in the unincorporated area. Both vendors are open from 10 am to 5 pm. Proceeds from both vendors help offset Beach Patrol operating expenses.
- Alcoholic drinks are not permitted on the beach May 15 – September 15
- Glass containers are prohibited on the beach at all times
- Please keep off the dunes; they protect us from damaging winds and water
- Dogs are not allowed on the beach May 1 through September 30
- Non-emergency and non-authorized vehicles are not allowed on the beach
- Sleeping on public beaches is not allowed between 12:00 midnight and 8:00 am local time
- No fishing, launching or beaching of a non-motorized vessel from the beach is allowed while lifeguards are on duty, except as permitted by the Fenwick Island Beach Patrol Captain.
- Swim at your own risk. Lifeguard services are provided by the Town from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm most days from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Please obey lifeguard instructions.
Town Park Safety:
The Town of Fenwick Island manages two public parks. Fenwick Island Community Park is located adjacent to Route 1. Cannon Street Park is located west of the Fenwick Island Public Safety Building. Please call the Fenwick Island Police Department for issues at either park. 302-539-2000.
- Please respect our public parks. It is for the enjoyment of all citizens.
- Pets, skateboards, roller blades, bikes, scooters and ball playing are not permitted in the park at any time
- Please do not climb on the fence or play in the planted areas
- Alcoholic beverages and smoking are not permitted inside the park
- Play at your own risk
- Open dawn to dusk
- No swimming at Cannon Street Park. See sign for additional rules and regulations.
- Kayaking and paddle boarding encouraged at Cannon Street Park
- Two playgrounds are available for children ages 2-12 at F.I. Community Park