ELECTION DAY: SATURDAY, AUGUST 3, 2019 1:00-5:00 PM More Info
Beach Rules, Regulations & Vendors
The Town of Fenwick Island public beach runs from Lewes Street to E. Atlantic Street. Along this stretch of beach town rules, ordinances and regulations apply. See beach signs for details.
From E. Atlantic Street to the MD State line, Town of Fenwick Island ordinances do not apply. See State of Delaware Park signs for details.
The town does coordinate and manage two beach vendors. Steen’s Beach Service rents umbrellas and chairs within town and in the unincorporated area while Go Melvo, Inc. sells snowballs from two trailers exclusively in the unincorporated area. Both vendors are open from 10 am to 5 pm. Proceeds from both vendors help offset Beach Patrol operating expenses.
Beach Rules & Regulations: Beach Rules & Regulations brochure
Town Park Safety:
The Town of Fenwick Island manages two public parks. Fenwick Island Community Park is located adjacent to Route 1. Cannon Street Park is located west of the Fenwick Island Public Safety Building. Please call the Fenwick Island Police Department for issues at either park. 302-539-2000.
- Please respect our public parks. It is for the enjoyment of all citizens.
- Pets, skateboards, roller blades, bikes, scooters and ball playing are not permitted in the park at any time
- Please do not climb on the fence or play in the planted areas
- Alcoholic beverages and smoking are not permitted inside the park
- Play at your own risk
- Open dawn to dusk
- No swimming at Cannon Street Park. See sign for additional rules and regulations.
- Kayaking and paddle boarding encouraged at Cannon Street Park
- Two playgrounds are available for children ages 2-12 at F.I. Community Park