Doing Business/Work in Fenwick Island
A Building Permit Fee of 3% of the Estimated Cost of Construction applies. A minimum fee of $100 per Building Permit Application applies.
Per Chapter 61 of the Town Code:
A. A building permit shall be required within the Town under the following conditions:
- When a new building or structure, including but not limited to, paving, pools, bulkheads, docks, piers, wharves, boat ramps, steps, boathouses, gazebos, piling and navigational aids is to be constructed.
- When an existing building or structure is to be demolished or removed.
- When it is proposed to add, replace or alter in size or use any portion, in whole or part, of a building, structure or paving. No permit shall be issued solely for pile, concrete or masonry foundations.
- When it is proposed to move an existing building or structure within the Town of Fenwick Island to another site within Town, if approved by the Town Council.
- When it is proposed to add, repair, remove, or move utility lines (electric, gas, communications).
B. The Building Official and Public Works Official shall review plans for proposed utility work for complete compliance with all Town ordinances, roadway specifications and traffic safety and control.
C. A building permit is required for all work being done in a special flood hazard area. A building permit shall also be required for the maintenance of a structure or for repairs to a structure which does not exceed $1,000; however, no building permit fee shall apply. No building permit fee shall also apply to utility systems which are repaired or replaced one-on-one with the same systems, but a building permit fee shall apply to a utility system that is new or upgraded to a better system.
- All contractors must obtain a business license from the Town of Fenwick Island
- The license fee is $200 per calendar year
- Contractor Licenses are renewable annually on January 1
- Allowable hours of construction: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Saturday
- No construction is allowed on Saturdays (May 15th-Sept 15), Sundays and Holidays
- Pile driving is not allowed from June 1 through August 31
Short Term Rental License:
Long-Term Rental License:
Contact Mike Locke for information
Published on: March 16, 2016