Doing Business/Work in Fenwick Island
A Building Permit Fee of 3% of the Estimated Cost of Construction applies. A minimum fee of $100 per Building Permit Application applies.
Per Chapter 61 of the Town Code:
A. A building permit shall be required within the Town under the following conditions:
- When a new building or structure, including but not limited to, paving, pools, bulkheads, docks, piers, wharves, boat ramps, steps, boathouses, gazebos, piling and navigational aids is to be constructed.
- When an existing building or structure is to be demolished or removed.
- When it is proposed to add, replace or alter in size or use any portion, in whole or part, of a building, structure or paving. No permit shall be issued solely for pile, concrete or masonry foundations.
- When it is proposed to move an existing building or structure within the Town of Fenwick Island to another site within Town, if approved by the Town Council.
- When it is proposed to add, repair, remove, or move utility lines (electric, gas, communications).
B. The Building Official and Public Works Official shall review plans for proposed utility work for complete compliance with all Town ordinances, roadway specifications and traffic safety and control.
C. A building permit is required for all work being done in a special flood hazard area. A building permit shall also be required for the maintenance of a structure or for repairs to a structure which does not exceed $1,000; however, no building permit fee shall apply. No building permit fee shall also apply to utility systems which are repaired or replaced one-on-one with the same systems, but a building permit fee shall apply to a utility system that is new or upgraded to a better system.
- All contractors must obtain a business license from the Town of Fenwick Island
- The license fee is $200 per calendar year; additional parking decals are $5 each
- Contractors License are renewable annually on January 1
- Allowable hours of construction: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Saturday
- No construction is allowed on Sundays and Holidays
- Pile driving is not allowed from June 1 through August 31
Residential Rental License:
- Residential Rental License are renewable annually on January 1
- 2020 Gross Rental Receipts Application – Residential are due on May 30 and November 30
Commercial Rental License:
- Commercial Rental License are renewable annually on January 1
- 2020 Gross Rental Receipts Application – Commercial are due four (4) times a year
- Mercantile License are renewable annually on January 1
- Contact Building Official for information regarding Commercial Licenses
Call Building Official for information
The Town of Fenwick Island belongs to and is active with the Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce. We encourage you to affiliate your business with this fine organization.