2016 Municipal Election Information (updated)
The Town of Fenwick Island will hold an election on Saturday, August 6, 2016 from 1 pm to 5 pm at Town Hall. Below are a list of deadlines:
1. Notice of Solicitation of Candidates was posted May 9 at Town Hall
2. The Candidate Filing deadline was June 22 at 430 pm (six candidates were recommended by the Board of Election to Council)
3. June 30 last day to register to vote in person
4. July 8 last day to register by mail
5. A Notice of Election will be posted no later than 20 days before the election (July 8 is the deadline)
6. The Board of Election was confirmed at the May 27, 2016 Council meeting
Absentee balloting materials may not be sent more than 60 days nor less than 4 days prior to the election. Town management will have absentee ballots prepared for voters no later than July 8.
Please call Town Hall at 302-539-3011 if you have questions.