Now Hiring Town Manager
Application for Employment
THE TOWN OF FENWICK ISLAND
800 Coastal Highway
Fenwick Island, DE 19944
The Town of Fenwick Island, Delaware is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Town Manager.
Town Manager – Job Description:
The Town Manager is the administrative manager of the Town and oversees the daily operations of Town Hall except for the Police Department (i.e., all nonuniform employees). This includes the following areas of responsibility: Public Works, Building & Code Enforcement, Finance, and administration staff. This role reports directly to the Mayor and Council of the Town of Fenwick Island. The Town Manager displays good leadership skills and exercises sound judgment with regards to personnel issues, financial management, grant applications, and public relations. Additionally, the Town Manager maintains effective relationships with Town residents.
- The Town Manager effectively advises departments on a full range of organizational, management, administrative, budget, financial policies and related issues, assists in developing both short-term and long-range plans and gathering data to support those recommendations;
- Serves as the Town’s Personnel Officer overseeing and participating in all personnel matters including advertising, screening, developing job descriptions, recruitment and hiring, maintenance of personnel files and disciplinary matters;
- Responds to citizens and other outside public and private agencies and assists citizens in their interaction with all town departments, Mayor, Town Council and Town Staff in the delivery of Town services and emergency management requirements;
- May serve as the Town’s Procurement Officer, coordinating the purchase of supplies and services, negotiating contracts and overseeing major capital projects;
- Oversees agendas for Town council and committee meetings, distribution of meeting materials, attends all Town Council meetings and appropriate committee meetings, and ensures minutes of meetings are appropriately created and maintained;
- Prepares applications for grants, administers grants received, works with appropriate state, federal and other officials as required;
- Responsible for ensuring that Town’s ordinances and resolutions are properly enforced;
- Review and evaluate work methods and procedures to ensure efficient and effective delivery of services and general oversight of all Town assets, property and equipment;
- Maintains Town information confidentially and with the utmost of integrity and professionalism;
- The Town Manager primarily works weekdays and during regular business hours but may work at other times of the day and on weekends and holidays to represent the Town at planned events and in emergencies.
- The successful candidate will have a combination of leadership, education and experience that demonstrates an ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position;
- A bachelor’s degree, or designation as an ICMA-Credentialed Manager or a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible public sector management and leadership experience in municipal government or an organization of comparable complexity is preferred;
- Demonstrated experience with strong written, verbal and organizational skills as well as a commitment to fostering effective and collaborative channels of communication with Staff, elected officials and the community;
- Experience with capital and environmentally sensitive project management as well as obtaining grant funding is preferred;
- Candidate must be willing to live or re-locate to within a 40-mile distance from the Town;
- Experience working in similar full-service community with financial management, public works, human resources management, recreation management, emergency management and community planning is preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom and Microsoft Teams;
- Working knowledge of municipal laws, Town Charter, regulations applicable to local governments and Delaware’s Open Meeting Act law is preferred;
Salary and Benefits:
- Starting Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Benefits package includes Health Care Insurance (Medical, Dental and Vision), Life Insurance, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability, Vacation and Sick Leave, Paid legal holidays and retirement savings opportunities.
All applicants must pass a background screening investigation and drug test.
Applications with a resume should be submitted by December 15, 2023.
Please submit application and resume to:
Patricia Schuchman, Town Manager
Town of Fenwick Island
800 Coastal Highway
Fenwick Island, DE 19944
or email to email@example.com.
The Town of Fenwick Island, Delaware provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.