The Fenwick Island Junior Lifeguard Program consists of two categories:
- Junior Lifeguards
- Advanced Junior Lifeguards for those who previously participated in this program
All children must have had prior swimming lessons or possess adequate swimming skills. Although this program will provide some swimming techniques, this is not a swimming lesson. Children ages 9 – 15 are eligible for the Junior Lifeguard Program.
Goals & Objectives:
- To promote public education regarding beach and water safety
- To promote health and fitness
- To provide training in water safety and beach skills
- To develop skills in teamwork and sportsmanship
- To develop potential future lifeguards
Junior Lifeguard Dates for 2020:
- Session #1 : June 23 – 25
- Session #2: June 30 – July 2
- Session #3: July 7 – 9
- Session #4: July 14 – 16
- Session #5: July 21 – 23
- Session #6: July 28 – 30
Advanced Lifeguard Program – every Wednesday and Thursday beginning July 1 – 30.
There is a maximum of 15 participants per class (30 for the advanced program). Registration is on a first-come, first served basis and starts February 25, 2019. Register early to ensure your spot!
Jr Lifeguard Application 2020