CANDIDATE FILING DEADLINE FOR TOWN COUNCIL IS JUNE 19, 2019 AT 4:30 PM! More Info
The Fenwick Island Junior Lifeguard Program consists of two categories:
- Junior Lifeguards
- Advanced Junior Lifeguards for those who previously participated in this program
All children must have had prior swimming lessons or possess adequate swimming skills. Although this program will provide some swimming techniques, this is not a swimming lesson. Children ages 9 – 15 are eligible for the Junior Lifeguard Program.
Goals & Objectives:
- To promote public education regarding beach and water safety
- To promote health and fitness
- To provide training in water safety and beach skills
- To develop skills in teamwork and sportsmanship
- To develop potential future lifeguards
Junior Lifeguard Dates for 2019:
- Session #1 : June 25-27
- Session #2: July 2-4
- Session #3: July 9-11
- Session #4: July 16-18
- Session #5: July 23-25
- Session #6: July 30-Aug 1
Advanced Lifeguard Program – every Wednesday and Thursday beginning July 3 through August 1.
There is a maximum of 15 participants per class (30 for the advanced program). Registration starts February 25, 2019. Register early to ensure your spot.
Jr Lifeguard Application 2019