The Fenwick Island Junior Lifeguard Program consists of two categories:
- Junior Lifeguards
- Advanced Junior Lifeguards for those who previously participated in this program
All children must have had prior swimming lessons or possess adequate swimming skills. Although this program will provide some swimming techniques, this is not a swimming lesson. Children ages 9 – 15 are eligible for the Junior Lifeguard Program.
Goals & Objectives:
- To promote public education regarding beach and water safety
- To promote health and fitness
- To provide training in water safety and beach skills
- To develop skills in teamwork and sportsmanship
- To develop potential future lifeguards
Junior Lifeguard Dates for 2020:
The Junior Lifeguard program for Summer 2020 has been cancelled.