Permits Required May 15 through September 15:
Parking permits are required for all streets within the corporate limits of The Town of Fenwick Island from May 15 though September 15. These permits may be purchased at the Police department 7-days a week during the summer season.
BLUE PARKING PERMITS (hang tags from rear view mirror) ARE VALID FOR ALL STREETS INCLUDING THE BEACH ENDS. NO PARKING AT BEACH ENDS FROM 12 AM TO 6 AM.
ALL OTHER PARKING PERMITS ARE VALID FOR SIDE STREETS ONLY FROM 9 AM TO 4 PM. PARKING IS FREE ON SIDE STREETS ONLY AFTER 4 PM.
NOTE: Permits are not available in advance nor by mail. They must be purchased the first day of use. The sale of a permit by the Town does not guarantee a parking space. Parking in Fenwick Island, Delaware.
All vehicles parking within the Town limits during the summer months require a permit and must follow all Town parking regulations or are subject to a fine. All vehicles must:
- Park in designated parking areas along the street and must display the appropriate hangtag from the mirror
- The vehicle must face in the direction of the traffic flow and be parked as far as possible off the roadway. Ideally all four tires should be completely off the paved street
- Please do not block private driveways, fire hydrants and intersections
Additional Rules and Regulations:
- Street-end/Dune Parking: Only those who own property within the corporate limits of the Town receive a permit to park in this area. All vehicles parked in these spaces must display a blue hang tag from the rear-view mirror or be ticketed
- Handicapped Parking: No town permit is required for all handicapped vehicles. There are parking spaces on the beach side of Town for registered handicap permit holders on the following streets: Bayard, Farmington, Georgetown and King Streets
- Service Vehicles and Contractor Parking: Special parking decals are provided with yearly license and additional decals are available for purchase from the Building Official
- Construction Trailers, Dumpsters and Commercial Utility Vehicles: All require special permit authorization. Please visit Town Hall for more information
How to contest a parking ticket: